Hello gorgeous !!! How are you ? Hope things are going great .Many a time we face dark circle which makes us look dull ,aged and unattractive.So why not treat them on time and look youthful always. In today’s post I will be discussing about dark circle ,why it happens and How can we treat them .
So guys stay tuned to know further.
Causes of dark circle
- Genetic causes : For some people dark circle is genetic and it can not be treated completely but using some of the remedies below will minimize with time.
- Sleeplessness : This is the main reason of dark skin under our eyes for most of us.you agree? Of course we are so busy in our day to day life and we forget that 8 hours of sleep everyday is mandatory for us to stay healthy and look flawless and young.
- Stress : Stress is another reason for dark circle is no matter how much we try to avoid stress we end up stressing ourselves out at one thing or other knowingly or unknowingly and it gives a lot of adverse effect to our health and beauty including dark patches under our eyes
- Dehydration : Yes Its true if you do not drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday you may end up having dark circle under your eyes
- Working long in front of computer : Now a days we end up spending 10-12 hours in front of computers and I can not stress enough on this point how much it harms us in long run including physical health problems.
If left untreated these dark patches make us look old ,tired and unattractive .You can treat them in saloons and some people like me who have really sensitive skin they can not just go for chemical treatment because it does more harm than good for their skin.
So I would like to share some of the home made remedies which works for me and I am sure some of it will work for you as well depending on your skin so do give it a try and let me know in comments if it worked for you.I would be more than happy to hear back from you. 🙂
Anyway lets start 🙂 🙂
1. Cucumber :
Cucumber is one of the most used remedy to treat dark circle without spending much on those expensive saloon treatment and It is pretty simple.
- Simply take a refrigerated cucumber and cut it in order to make thick round slices of it.Put these slices on your eyes and let it stay there for 10-15 minutes .It’s so soothing for your eyes and if used regularly helps to treat under eye circle effectively.
- If you like you can apply cucumber juice as well on the entire affected areas using a cotton ball.Let it stay for 15 minutes than wash it with cold water.
2 .Green Tea bags :
You can use green tea bags to treat those puffy dark circle under eye.This is tried and tested remedy and works wonder.And the good thing is you do not need a lot of preparation.
All you need to do is to take two used tea bag and refrigerate it for some time.Put it on your eyes and let it stay for 10-15 minutes.Use it regularly as your morning routine after you wake us and I am sure you will see a lot of changes in your eyes.
3 . Turmeric :
Whenever it comes to treating dark skin.Turmeric is the first thing that comes in my mind.It is very easy to use at the same time very effective in treating those dark patches.
You can simply mix it in plain water or rose water to make a thick paste and apply all over the affected areas.Let it stay for sometime and then rinse it with cold water and pat dry.
you can use lemon juice , pineapple juice , honey, yogurt or milk to make paste according to your choice and availability for the added benefit of those extra ingredient.
4 . Potato :
Potato has bleaching properties in it so when used regularly it helps in treating dark skin.There are numerous ways ways in which it can be used in your beauty regime.
- Cut a potato in slices and put it on your eyes
- you can also grate a potato and take out its juice .Refrigerate it and apply all over the affected area with the help of a cotton ball
- You can also make potato puree and and apply it all over under your eyes.
After 15 minutes wash it with cold water and pat dry.Use it regularly for few weeks for fast effect.
5 .Tomato :
Tomatoes has an anti oxidant lycopene in it which treat the skin discoloration under your eyes making it lighter after regular use.So use tomato whenever you can to treat your dark circle.
Simply take some tomato juice and mix it with some lemon juice and apply it all over the affected areas with the help of a cotton ball/Let it stay for 10-15 minutes and wash it with cool water.Use it twice or thrice a week for better result.
6. Milk :
Milk is a tried and tested ingredient to treat dark skin and lighten it on regular application.So why not use this benefit to treat dark circle as well.
You can simply take two cotton balls and put it in cold milk.Remove extra milk from it and keep it on your eyes for 10-15 minutes.remove it and wash it wish plain cold water and pat dry.use it 3-4 times a week for fast result
7: Lemon juice :
Lemon is acidic in nature and it is a natural bleaching agent so it treats dark skin effectively.So you can apply lemon juice all over the affected areas with the help of a cotton ball.let it stay for 10 minutes and wash with cool water.Use it few times a week to get rid of dark patchy under eye circle over the time.
Some additional points to remember
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Eat a well balanced and healthy diet to fulfill the nutritional need of your body.
- Get enough sleep everyday.
- Remove your make up before going to bed
- Do not take much stress and stay happy always
So try these tips in your every day to day life and let me know in comments how it helped you.
Thank you for stopping by.